Thread: 7Al-3 P/N 7330 rpm/ timing issues

Default 7Al-3 P/N 7330 rpm/ timing issues

I have a couple issues going on im trying to figure out, first issue is my rpm problem. seems like I have a dirty tach signal or its just falling out. I can be turning my motor about 5k rpms and the tach will be stuck at say 2500 rpm occasionally for example (this does not always happen). I run the RAS switch to control the electric shifter (using msd relay), I have a 7000 module installed for my shift point. its shifting into hi gear about 4500-5000ish rpm. I ran this box in my old car and it was acting up in it also, I thought just the tach was messing up and I was using the RAS to run a shift light in it. I installed box in my current car and having the same issue. everything else is new (wiring, tach, coil, dist, crank trigger)only thing I removed from old car was the box.

2nd issue im having is the retard modules, my motor is set at 35* total. im pulling 7* on nitrous stage 1 and 9* on the second stage. I activated the retards to phase the distributor and its not pulling the 16* timing out. timing doesn't change at the balancer nor does the arc move in the distributor. I did have 12v going to both retard terminals on the box

any ideas??

Morning,

sounds like the box might have an issue. you said the tach works some times and some times it doesn't. the output signal might be going out and have you tried using different modules when pulling timing? if so then we can have you send the box into us so we can get it looked at and repaired. so give us a call so we can answer any other questions you have and set you up with an RMA
    shake-n-bake