Thread: Spool Boost Function, GRID

Default Spool Boost Function, GRID

Hello,

Can you explain how to properly wire up the Spool Boost function with all the current updates in the GRID? Previously it would function with the Lt Blue & Dk Blue activated together. That no longer functions.
    I'm hoping I don't have to install another button & wire it stand alone for that function....

Thank You

hello sir,

it will now be activated off the dark green wire instead
    shake-n-bake

Would it work to set my burnout rev limiter to for example 5000 rpm, then tie the dark green wire into the burnout rev limiter wiring, so that I won't need another separate button for the Spool Boost Function. Assuming my desired launch RPM was say 4,000 RPM, as long as the burn our rev limiter was higher, at my desired Spool Boost Level, would this work?

Thank you.

You can use the burnout light blue wire to activate the rev limiter and be used as the spool limiter.

There's no need to connect the dark green wire to the burnout wire. All of the rev limiters work the same, as longest the rev limiter is set higher than the launch you will be fine.

I don't believe that to be true. I thought I read somewhere that one of the new revisions to software eliminated that feature? I have tried to do exactly what you are saying with the burnout rev limiter 1000 rpm higher than my launch rpm target, and it will not go that 1000 rpm higher when I hit the line lock (lt blue) button. Something in the transbrake (launch rpm) must be over riding it.

For now I suppose I will just hook the dark green wire to my light blue at my terminal strip & see if it will work that way.

Thank you.