Thread: Stock applications?

Default Stock applications?

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF REPOWERING MY 1965 CHEVROLET CORVAIR, THIS HAS A 164cc, 110hp AIR COOLED FLAT 6cly WITH 2single CARBS, MY QUESTION IS THIS, IS THERE ANOTHER TYPE OF THROTTLE BODY AVALILABLE OR JUST THE 4bbl SQUARE BORE YOU SHOW ON THE WEB SITE? AND IF I INSTALL A SINGLE 4 INTAKE ON TO THIS ENGINE WILL YOUR SET UP PERFORM ON THIS 164cc MOTOR AND NOT DROWN IT OUT BY FLOODING IT WITH TOO MUCH FUEL? ANY INFO YOU PROVIVE WILL BE HELPFULL. THANKS.

Interested to see what experts say. Really wish there was some legit support by MSD on this forum.

Question for you, 164cc? Pretty sure that's not a correct number and you're missing a digit? Growing up close friends of ours had a corvair powered buggy. Definitely was a cool motor!

Thinking out loud here. You could obviously put the O2 sensor in the system but I'm not sure what you would do about the engine coolant temp sensor being air cooled. Could you use some other type of sensor threaded in somewhere to use as a temp reading for the system to calibrate from?

I think 164cc was 164ci - 2.7L flat 6.

Quote Originally Posted by elucidus View Post
    I think 164cc was 164ci - 2.7L flat 6.
    AHHHHHH!!!! That would make more sense!!! LOL Cause back in our dune buggy days I know that corvair motor was putting down more power then both our 1835CC and 1915CC VW based buggies and I know it was a bigger engine than my 250cc dirt bike! LOL

Still would be curious if these setups would work on an air cooled motor? I know our friends old buggy had a square 4 manifold on it that ran a holley carb so it would definitely install. Just not sure how the ECT sensor would be handled...