Thread: Mod 6 question

Default Mod 6 question

I have a 1997 mustang. I am having issues with the factory ignition. I believe there is an issue with the ECM controlling spark. I keep dropping cylinders 2 and 8 which are on the same driver for the coil. It is not the coil causing issues.
    I would like to know if I can use your mod 6 box and completely bypass the factory ignition? I know the instructions say that it can piggyback off the factory ecm, but can your box be used instead of the ecm? I would like to continue running efi, and let the ecm continue controlling fuel, I just believe there is an issue with the coil driver. I can not simply swap ecms because ford used the Pats system. With the amount of money I would spend buying and programming an ECU, I could install your mod 6 box.

Do msd techs read this forum?

The 6 mod box was made to run the ignition side of the engine it does not control the fuel injection. The only problem we have at this time is we do not offer the 6-mot controller Harness for the EFI part number 88814 that would bridge the two units together.
    Thank you
    Ray