Thread: Using Holley Hydramat with Atomic EFI

Default Using Holley Hydramat with Atomic EFI

hi I'm going to be installing the atomic master kit soon however I'm also looking at installing a holley hydramat which flows at 15 microns, the holley hydramat instructions say that you should not run a prefilter in addition to the hydramat as it may result in premature pump failure, my question is, should I run the atomic pwm pump without the prefilter or should I run both mat and prefilter or should I just ditch the idea of using the hydramat?
    your help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks sean

Why do you need the mat?
    It's best to get/or have a fuel tank made for EFI.

The Hydramat is a good choice, it acts as a pre-filter so you do not need to use the pre-filter from the master kit.

the reason I need the mat is because the tank I have is a large flat bottomed aluminium cell style tank, the pickup is in the middle and I didn't want low fuel starvation issues as the pickup stops about a half to 3/4 of a inch from the bottom obviously to fit a sock however being in the middle this would mean id have probably 5L easily that if I'm on any kind of a incline or cambered road would slosh out of range. this tank is the closest off the shelf one I could find to what I need and it was only $200 so you go with what you can afford lol

Like bdud says. It is basically a pre-filter. So you don't have to use one.

But. To be honest. I've had many doughts about the use of the Hydramat.
    The main one is: The factory vehicles have billions, and billions of dollars to spend on research, and designs. But I've never seen Toyota, Land Rover or any off road manufacture use a product like this.

that said they, like all major manufacturers of any product make their vehicles to comply with a certain level of obseletism, hence the reason for common faults. in addition to this they also shape their tanks to reduce the risk of side to side movement and they tend to make their pumps in tank with swirl chambers attached to them.