Thread: Pro Mag 12

Default Pro Mag 12

I am looking at a used Pro Mag 12 unit. The unit came from a Toyota group and I am looking at using it in my Volkswagen. Do you make a drive unit for VW? Is there a way to remove the shaft that extends out of the mag so I can adapt to VW for both length and bronze gear? What does it cost to get the item checked out? thanks

Also what is the difference between the Pro Mag 12 and the Pro Mag 12LT?

no more answers to these threads?

We will notify the gentlemen that run work on the promags about his question.

This is what the gentleman in Pro Mag has told me.
    "We don’t make any mag drives we just supply mags for drop in Chevy style or band clamp style magnetos. Manufacturers that customize in offset drives include: RCD engineering, Dunn motorsports, Good vibrations, DMPE., joe hunt magnetos. Adapting these V8 style triggered mags for 6 cylinder and 4 cylinder can be done and has been done through 3rd party vendors/manufacturers. We don’t charge to check any MSD magneto items they must be called in for a RMA # first before sending it in. The difference between Pro Mag 12 and Pro Mag 12LT is the 12LT (Light Weight) is physically smaller and lighter designed for sprint car applications for tight fit areas and meeting weight regulations. The standard Pro Mag 12 is larger in diameter standing at 20.75 inches x 5 inches, this is the only mag that can be upgraded to a 20 amp not the 12LT. The 12LT stands at 18.87 inches x 4.75 inches. Keep in mind these dimensions are based off a Chevy V8 drop in style with a bronze gear." You can also contact our Pro Mag department at 915-856-2755, they are here from 7am - 3:30 pm MST
    Last edited by msdtech20; 04-19-2018 at 09:02 AM.