Thread: The Next New Power Grid Module

Default The Next New Power Grid Module

I’ve used your Grid Ignition since you introduced it in late 2012 and it has become better every year as you released new Power Grid Modules to interface it with through the CAN-Bus hub. You should consider releasing your next New Module for the Grid and it’s already been developed with nothing more than some backwards engineering to make it work. I’m suggesting that you remove the programming from the 7761 and make it a stand-alone Drive Shaft Data Acquisition Module input for the Grid.

Call it the 7771 DSDA Module and include the same 8’ DS Sensor extension harness as the 7761. The only thing it will allow the user to do is record the DS speed on the Grid for download to the .dqi file. If you can offer it for $200 I believe you’d have good market interest in it. You’d also sell more CAN-Bus Hubs, DS Collars and Sensors.

I’m a N/IHRA No-Box bracket racer and Index racer that would benefit from having a DS display on my Grid .dqi file. I won’t purchase a Racepak because you can’t run them in No-Box and they have more features, expansion and cost than what I would need wanting only a DS display.

Thanks for Listening

Excellent idea! One more thing to make it useful, though.... Add an a accelerometer to the box!

Quote Originally Posted by bjs344 View Post
    Excellent idea! One more thing to make it useful, though.... Add an a accelerometer to the box!
    unfortunately, that would be around the realm of a racepack.
    msdforms@msdperformance.com

how to send a powergrid file @VIDEO@
    http://youtu.be/xO1A1wWYO0g

Quote Originally Posted by masheim View Post
    I’ve used your Grid Ignition since you introduced it in late 2012 and it has become better every year as you released new Power Grid Modules to interface it with through the CAN-Bus hub. You should consider releasing your next New Module for the Grid and it’s already been developed with nothing more than some backwards engineering to make it work. I’m suggesting that you remove the programming from the 7761 and make it a stand-alone Drive Shaft Data Acquisition Module input for the Grid.

Call it the 7771 DSDA Module and include the same 8’ DS Sensor extension harness as the 7761. The only thing it will allow the user to do is record the DS speed on the Grid for download to the .dqi file. If you can offer it for $200 I believe you’d have good market interest in it. You’d also sell more CAN-Bus Hubs, DS Collars and Sensors.

I’m a N/IHRA No-Box bracket racer and Index racer that would benefit from having a DS display on my Grid .dqi file. I won’t purchase a Racepak because you can’t run them in No-Box and they have more features, expansion and cost than what I would need wanting only a DS display.

Thanks for Listening
    will pass it along . but..keep in mind ..you would still have to buy the sensor and mount for the yoke thru racepak.

I second the motion for a drive shaft speed module for use with the GRID system. I would spend 150 on the module and another 50-75 for the sensor and mount....i dont want to spend almost a grand for Racepak when I only need data from one sensor.

will pass it along .

Here we are at 2016 and the Power Grid 7730 is entering its 5th year with I’d bet under 20,000 in production since release. Your website always advertises the “Upgrade to Greatness” Power Grid. 7730 Grid is “definitely” a Great and Powerful ignition but lacks the much awaited missing 7771 Drive Shaft Data Acquisition (DSDA) that MANY that own or others that would purchase Grid are waiting for. THIS IS A BIG DEAL !!!

There are many Super Pro ET racers (delay box) that won’t spend the money on data acquisition like Racepak, and others that can’t use Racepak in Pro ET (no box) classes. A Drive Shaft Data Acquisition for Grid legal in ET racing is what many are waiting for. I’m sure the other NHRA racing categories could be included in this.

Racers that use an All ET class Legal Autometer Ultimate III Tach with Drive Shaft data recording definitely have an advantage over Grid in all ET classes because it is not classified as a Data Acquisition module.

One LAST thing. MSD came out with the 7760 3- stage timer and numerous boost control modules for Grid through CAN-bus. My Big Time Bet is what I am asking for (7771 DSDA) would out sell ALL of these now offered modules combined by large numbers.

OK , I spoke my piece for the last time. Now all you MSD GRID using forum lurkers that are waiting/ wanting this DSDA need to voice your request for this HERE !!!!

masheim

Your website STILL advertises the “Upgrade to Greatness” Power Grid. 7730 Grid is “Definitely” a Great and Powerful ignition but still lacks the much awaited and missing 7771 Drive Shaft Data Acquisition (DSDA) that MANY Grid users are waiting for. THIS IS STILL A BIG DEAL AND NOW NHRA HAS GIVEN MSD A REASON TO MAKE THIS NEW MODUAL A REALITY !!!

NHRA has just changed the DATA RECORDER rules to now INCLUDE the “PRO” category.

TOP of Page 8 http://promod.nhra.com/Userfiles/Fil...s%202-6-17.pdf

For those that can’t view the link, this is what the 2017 Rule Amendment says….

SECTION 4A: SUPER PRO, PRO, SPORTSMAN, SUPPORT GROUP:9, DATA
    RECORDER (Page 3) (2/6/2017)
    Data recorders are permitted in Advanced E.T.,Super Pro, AND PRO only. Data recorders (except for “playback”-type tachometers) are prohibited in all
    other E.T. classes. See General Regulations 9:2.

Many racers (like myself) in this PRO category using Grid are waiting for this New Modual now that is LEGAL in NHRA competition.

So WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR ??? We’re NOT purchasing Racepak to get a driveshaft sensor. Put this 7771 DSDA on the market for $300 or less and it’ll SELL WELL !!!!

masheim

As a new Grid user, I am looking to get the most out of this product. I purchased this product for it's data acquisition features. Being able to now log the O2 was a nice added bonus but the addition of a DS sensor is a fantastic idea. Instead of having to purchase a Racepac to log it, everything I need will be in one unit. Please make this happen ASAP.